[webkit-qt] Confused re release process

Alexis Menard alexis.menard at openbossa.org
Tue Feb 7 18:30:51 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:34:44 PM you wrote:
>> Have been away for a few months dealing with issues - floods etc :( so a
>> little out of touch, please excuse my massive ignorance as to
>> the release process.
>>
>> Back in August last year I and others commit a inline spellchecking mod to
>> webkit:
>>
>> https://gitorious.org/+qtwebkit-developers/webkit/qtwebkit/blobs/qtwebkit-2.
>> 2/Source/WebKit/qt/Api/qwebkitplatformplugin.h

It was too late to be able to make it for Qt 4.8 therefore QtWebKit
2.2. This is why nothing has change in Qt or KDE. I don't think we'll
have a new minor release of Qt 4 with QtWebKit so I don't think there
is a way for your patch to make its way to KDE for example. Unless
someone here step up to release a QtWebKit 2.3 with all the QA work it
requires then it could find its way as a separate release and add-on
of Qt 4.8.

I would recommend you to start looking how it could be solved in Qt5 +
WebKit2 so you are sure it will make its way one day in Qt5 :D.

Sorry about that.

>> But nothing seems to have made its way into Qt4 or KDE4 - do we have to do
>> something to push the process?
>>
>> And what the significance for WebKit2? should I be porting it to that as
>> well?
>

> Bump
>
> --
> Lindsay