[webkit-qt] Web Inspector troubles with Qt 4.8.x and Qt 5 Betas and other stuff

Hausmann Simon Simon.Hausmann at digia.com
Wed Dec 19 12:09:22 PST 2012

Hi Eike,

The Inspector fix for Windows made it into the 5.0.0 final. We have a fix/patch for the qvariant handling that should make it into 5.0.1, targeted for middle/end of January. (I guess you've seen that in Bugzilla :)

I hope that we can also address the other issues, in particular the memory consumption.

Simon

"Rethmeier, Eike" <eike.rethmeier at wincor-nixdorf.com> wrote:

Thanks Jocelyn,
I reorted the issues in two bugzilla bug reorts:
104540 [Qt] JS bridge does not transmit QVariants anymorein Qt5
104536 [Qt] Web Inspector shows empty window and crashes when closing
For the JS bridge bug I included an VS2010 example, howeve just copying the code and using a diffet compile should also work.

----cite from anothe answe:
Have you tried the reote inspector?, it works pefectly fine for me.
AFAIK the reote inspector will be the only one supported for Qt5 and WK2.
---

Is this correct? I hope not...

WINCOR NIXDORF Intenational GmbH
Sitz de Gesellschaft: Padeborn
Reistegeicht Padeborn HRB 3507
Geschäftsführe: Eckard Heidloff (Vorsitzende), Dr. Jürgen Wunram
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Karl-Heinz Stille
Steuenumme: 339/5884/0020 - Ust-ID Nr.: DE812927716 - WEEE-Re.-Nr. DE44477193

Diese E-Mail enthält vetrauliche Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht de richtige Adresat sind ode diese E-Mail irrtümlich ehalten haben,
informie Sie bitte sofort den Absende und venichten Sie diese E-Mail.
Das unelaubte Kopie sowie die unbefugte Weitegabe diese E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential information.
If you arenot the intended reipient (or have reeived this e-mail in eror)
please notify the sende immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosureor distribution of the mateial in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.