[webkit-qt] Policy to expose properties in the QWebPreferences API

Sergio Villar Senin svillar at igalia.com
Mon Dec 17 08:40:01 PST 2012

En 17/12/12 14:44, Simon Hausmann escribiu:
> On Monday, December 17, 2012 02:26:41 PM Andras Becsi wrote:
>> On 17 December 2012 10:59, Sergio Villar Senin <svillar at igalia.com> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Hi Sergio,
>>>

>>> I was wondering if there is any policy or agreement, about what could be
>>> exposed in the QWebPreferences API. Like, is the API meant to expose as
>>> much stuff as possible or should it be really compact or will it be
>>> decided case by case...
>>
>> As far as I know, there is no real policy, we de facto decide case by case.
>>
>> The QWebPreferences API is currently only exposed in the experimental API,
>> which means it is a likely candidate
>> to make it to public QML API for the next major release after Qt 5.0, so as
>> with other experimental API, strong evidence needs
>> to be provided that the newly added option / API has a viable usecase.

Makes sense

> I agree with Andras.
>
> What kind of preference in particular are you thinking of Sergio?

In the project I'm currently working on we have been using a couple of
them but I don't think we should enable them upstream because we use
them for really very specific purposes (or testing sometimes) but I
guess one that could be interesting for the port is
JavaScriptCanOpenWindowsAutomatically for popup blocking. What do you think?

BR