[webkit-qt] Policy to expose properties in the QWebPreferences API

Andras Becsi abecsi at webkit.org
Mon Dec 17 05:26:41 PST 2012

On 17 December 2012 10:59, Sergio Villar Senin <svillar at igalia.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Hi Sergio,

> I was wondering if there is any policy or agreement, about what could be
> exposed in the QWebPreferences API. Like, is the API meant to expose as
> much stuff as possible or should it be really compact or will it be
> decided case by case...

As far as I know, there is no real policy, we de facto decide case by case.

The QWebPreferences API is currently only exposed in the experimental API,
which means it is a likely candidate
to make it to public QML API for the next major release after Qt 5.0, so as
with other experimental API, strong evidence needs
to be provided that the newly added option / API has a viable usecase.

/Andras