[webkit-qt] Using custom QtWebKit with KDE

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sat Aug 4 03:57:47 PDT 2012

On Saturday 04 August 2012, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Specifically the 2.3 branch builds
>
> I think I asked this a while back, but I was never really able to make it
> work - is there a way to use my build of QtWebKit in KDE Apps,
> specifically such ones as rekonq which use it via the kdewebkit wrapper
>
> Assuming I'd have to rebuild the apps in question.

You do not need to rebuidl any KDE applications, the ABI is unchanged and
QtWebKit 2.3 is a drop in replacement for QtWebKit 2.2. The easiest way is
just to build newest QtWebKit, and then replace the one from Qt, or set the
environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that the new one is preferred.

I am using QtWebKit from trunk on top of default KDE from Debian and it works
fine.

`Allan