[webkit-qt] How can I get my application to use an alternative libqtwebkit (harmattan)?

Felipe Crochik felipe at crochik.com
Wed Apr 11 18:39:48 PDT 2012

Since there is a regression with PR1.2 (autosizecontents) I am trying to
find a work around so I can distribute my application. My goal is to use
the "qt on the device" + "libwebkit.so" (from PR1.1) without changing any
of the shared libraries on the device.

I just tested using the libqtwevkit.so from the package on the SDK
(libqtwebkit4_2.1.1~git20110418-0maemo2+0m6_armel.deb) and it works just
fine. Now the challenge is how to deploy it without affecting any other
applications.

I am copying the libQtWebKit.so.4 to a sub folder of my application
(/opt/GApp/lib) and I tried without success:

1. "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/GApp/lib" and then running my application
using the x-terminal
2. changing the source code of my application to include "QCoreApplication::
addLibraryPath("/opt/GApp/lib");"
3. changing the PATH to start with "my lib" folder and then running my
application.

On all 3 cases the application used the "official" webkit and not "my
version".

So far the only way I managed to have my application use the "alternative"
webkit was by changing the symbolic link on /usr/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4 to
point to "my" webkit version.

What is the correct/recommended way? Since I am using the "official" 1.1
package I assume it expects to be installed to /usr/lib ...don't know if
this is the problem or not.

BTW,  I am not using the qml webview.

Thanks in advance,
Felipe