[webkit-qt] QtWebKit --minimal build with minimal Qt

Andreas Kling kling at webkit.org
Tue Sep 27 08:29:38 PDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Tor Arne Vestbø
<tor.arne.vestbo at nokia.com>wrote:

> On 27.09.11 16:55, noam.rosenthal at nokia.com wrote:
>

>> On Sep 27, 2011, at 3:49 PM, ext Osztrogonac Csaba wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> "Qt Linux Release minimal" is core builder on
>>> http://build.webkit.org/**waterfall?category=core<http://build.webkit.org/waterfall?category=core>.
>>>
>>> If we don't support QT_NO_* officially and let the community fix
>>> problems, we have to disable CONFIG+=qt_minimal on this bot,
>>> because a core builder must be green almost at all times.
>>>
>>>  IMO that's sensible. Do we provide guidance for people who want to
>> maintain their own bots where they can test those configurations?
>>

> I agree. Having a core builder that builds a minimal _WebKit_ build is
> something we should strive for, and enabling CONFIG+=qt_minimal makes that
> bot more fragile and less useful for other ports

Seconded. The Qt Minimal bot should be minimal WebKit, and that's already on
the edge of what we can reasonably expect non-Qt WebKit contributors to care
about. I'm fine with keeping the QT_NO_* stuff in place if it's explicitly
unsupported and doesn't grow into anything beyond disabled code blocks here
and there.

-Kling