[webkit-qt] Using the web inspector for injected javascript

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Sun Oct 16 18:38:28 PDT 2011

Hello Webkitians,

I'm looking at adding web inspector support to PhantomJS to help interactively
debug my scripts i'm running through it. PhantomJS uses
QWebFrame::evaluateJavaScript to run the js in a web page.

I can easily enough show a web inspector for the page, but as the JS is
inspected it's of course not shown in the inspector that is shown. I also
tried creating skeleton html page with an in-page <script> tag that linked to
the .js file path, but that didn't get me much farther either. The script
didn't even seem to be run that way.

After poking around a bit in the various inspector classes in qtwebkit, is
there a way for me to easily run the inspector on some arbitrary javascript?
Or some much better way to approach this problem?

Any thoughts appreciated.

cheers,
leo
--