[webkit-qt] possible issue with missing libjscore and font troubles.

Waitman Gobble gobble.wa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 22:14:42 PDT 2011

Hello,

I seem to be having an issue with a missing JavaScriptCore library. ld
complains about missing -ljscore

building static on windows (mingw32)
ALSO a static build on Ubuntu 11.04 with same results.

(linux) ./configure -static -release -opensource -platform linux-g++ -nomake
examples -nomake demos -qt-sql-sqlite -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-libtiff
-qt-libjpeg -webkit -openssl -I /usr/local/ssl/include -L /usr/local/ssl/lib
(win) configure.exe -static -release -opensource -platform win32-g++
-qt-sql-sqlite -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-libtiff -qt-libjpeg -webkit -openssl
-I /usr/local/ssl/include -L /usr/local/ssl/lib

ex: c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
cannot find -ljscore

Copying libjscore.a to lib seems to fix it.

(linux) cp src/3rdparty/webkit/JavaScriptCore/release/libjscore.a
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.4/lib
(windows) cp
/c/Qt/4.7.4/src/3rdparty/webkit/JavaScriptCore/release/libjscore.a
/c/Qt/4.7.4/lib/

seems to resolve the issue, I can now build static Qt apps on both
platforms.

I noticed during make it's doing a cp release/libjscore.a -- I think maybe
it's not in the correct directory during the cp. (?) Could be issue with
makefile.. Or I have something wrong on config. Not sure.

Also, on Linux - the font in my Qt app is boo-boo, looks kinda like the
kinda stuff i'd get when doing 16 bit graphics programming on an 8088, back
in the day. But with major gaping holes between each character. The fonts in
QtCreator look great, but when I run my app the letters are all boo-boo.
Changing the font setting for MainWindow does not seem to make any
difference.
I've tried deleting ui_mainwindow.h and rebuilding with

/usr/local/Trolltech/bin/uic -o ui_mainwindow.h mainwindow.ui

to no avail..

Any pointers or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Waitman Gobble
San Jose, California