[webkit-qt] API proposal for handling (some) hybrid use cases

Caio Marcelo de Oliveira Filho caio.oliveira at openbossa.org
Tue Oct 11 16:37:23 PDT 2011

Hi Kenne :),

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
<kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> These scripts are almost a kind of "workers"

Yep. That's kind of the idea. The difference is that they have a view
of the DOM too,
so they can be used to manipulate it.

>> This proposal doesn't cover:

(/me shouldn't have added those comments for features that I wasn't
planning to cover hehe...)

>> 2) QWebElement::render(), in QtCS it was discussed the possibility of
>> having a QML component "WebSlice", with a source property pointing to
>> a WebView and a element property describing which HTML element to
>> "slice" (in a syntax similar to QWebElement/jQuery).
>
> I think we really need to look into the actual use-cases for this to
> see what is the best solution, consider AC etc.

Right!

>> 7) QWidgets inside a page: do we have users for this?
>
> Plugins are on the way out :-) Let's let this feature rest in piece.

I agree. But really cool hacks were / could be achieved with them, though. ;-)

Cheers,

--
Caio Marcelo de Oliveira Filho
OpenBossa - INdT