[webkit-qt] WK2 QML api discussions, round 1

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Fri Oct 7 00:46:56 PDT 2011

On Friday, October 07, 2011 02:20:00 AM Aharon Yael (Nokia-MP/Boston) wrote:
> QTouchWebPage is nothing like QWebPage or QWKPage.
> To me, it is very confusing that it has "page" in its name.
> I would rename it to something that reflects better what it really is.

The name QTouchWebPage is not intended to be visible in the QML API. The only
thing visible of it are its properties/signals/slots as part of the page group property:

TouchWebView {
    id: webView;
}

TextInput {

    Keys.onEnterPressed: {
        webView.page.load(text);
    }
}

Would you like for the page property to disappear altogether and instead prefer the functionality
to be merged into the view?

Simon