[webkit-qt] QtWebKit --minimal build with minimal Qt

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at nokia.com
Wed Oct 5 10:03:27 PDT 2011

On 27.09.11 15:52, Osztrogonac Csaba wrote:
> Hi QtWebKit developers,
>
> The "Qt Linux Release minimal" buildbot on http://build.webkit.org is
> our ifdef guard protector buildbot. It builds WebKit with this command:
> Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --release --qt --minimal CONFIG+=qt_minimal
> ( details: http://build.webkit.org/buildslaves/szeged-linux-2 )
>
> My question is if QtWebKit community still need supporting QT_NO_*
> guards in WebKit
> trunk or not. If yes, which ones are still necessary and which ones can
> we drop?

After discussing a bit with Laszlo we came to the following suggestion:

  - Switch the Qt Linux Release minimal bot to use a normal Qt build (so
that it's a minimal _WebKit_ bot)

  - Leave the QT_NO ifdefs in for now, and accept patches that fix issues

Then we'll hack away in trunk on the new Qt 5 stuff, where we'll learn
more about what defines make sense and which don't, and deal with the
issue of removing defines when we know more. The likely result would be
that we leave a meaningful subset of the QT_NO_ ifdefs in, and possibly
Nokia or someone else provide a non-core builder for them.

Tor Arne