[webkit-qt] SEGFAULT on Harmattan (QPainter)

Felipe Crochik felipe at crochik.com
Fri Nov 11 12:52:49 PST 2011

I am still struggling to try to prevent my application to not crash on
Harmattan.  It is clearly related to WebKit and the "task view". Any help,
hints or suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have created a new project from scratch and modified the bare minimum I
could to make sure I didn't introduce a bug.

This project uses the original source code for the declarativewebview from
Qt4.7 (I did not see any difference when compared to 4.8). The only change
is that it offers a different user agent so google will return the Android
version.

I can reproduce the crash by:
1. login to a gmail account
2. go to inbox
3. switch to the task manager
4. switch back to the application
5. click back to menu and select another folder (it seems that is related
to triggering a reload of the page but the exception seems to be related to
QPaint)

Also, it crashes almost every time I switch to the task manager while

The source and a deb file can be found at
http://www.crochik.com/gapp/webviewcrash.zip

Any help greatly appreciated since the application is pretty useless you
can't leave it running.

Thanks,
Felipe