[webkit-qt] on QQWVP::initializeDesktop and ::initializeTouch and d->useTraditionalDesktopBehaviour

simon.hausmann at nokia.com simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Thu Nov 10 13:35:32 PST 2011

Hi,

I think we can eliminate this boolean altogether. Why don't we always have the interaction engine
around (might be nice to get it working on desktop computers with an attached touch screen)?
It should act only on touch events.

One remaining point is the resizeToContents behaviour, which in turn will toggle whether to show
scrollbars or indicators (missing atm).

We clearly need a way to forcibly enable/disable resizeToContents, at least for WTR. But ideally
we're smart about it and we just initialize it "correctly".

We could play with heuristics, such as looking at the screen resolution and the dpi (QGuiApplication::primaryScreen()).
If the physical dimension of the "display" is below a certain shreshold (10"?), we simply figure that
scrollbars don't make sense and go to resizeToContents mode.

Anyway, I think you get what I'm getting at: Let's see if there's a way to avoid a mode/boolean
that distinguishes between "desktop" and "mobile".

Simon