[webkit-qt] TextureMapper activation and use without OpenGL (with underlying DirectFB backend)

Sébastien Royer sroyer at wyplay.com
Wed Nov 2 02:35:10 PDT 2011

Hi,

    I only used QWebView. In that case I saw just flat objects (in the
"circle" example:
http://webkit.org/blog-files/3d-transforms/poster-circle.html)
    When I use a QGraphicsWebView, in that case, I can see 3D objects now.
    So, in this new configuration, I retried my very simple web site
which only contains a text moving from left to right periodically, and
using CSS3 "left" property animation (declaring it as
"-webkit-transition:all 1s ease-in-out;").
    In that precise case, which normally must have texturemapping being
activated (As I understand), I still have the graphics method
"QPaintEngine::drawTextItem()" being called for every frame during
animation, and "not only once" at first draw need.
    (Even not needed, and to answer your question, I checked that
QWebSettings::AcceleratedCompositingEnabled is really set to true)

    Do you agree that this method "QPaintEngine::drawTextItem()" has not
to be called every frame to redraw my "hello" text during animation ?

    Here is the content of my page:

<head>
#myText
{
        top: 100px;
        left: 100px;
        position: absolute;
        -webkit-transition:all 1s ease-in-out;
}

<script language="javascript">
var goRight = false;
function onTimer()
{
  goRight = !goRight;
  document.getElementById("myText").style.left = goRight ? '300px' :
'100px';
  setTimeout("onTimer()", 3500);
}

setTimeout("onTimer()", 500);