[webkit-qt] Infinite loop while rendering this url

Ademar Reis ademar.reis at openbossa.org
Wed May 25 12:00:24 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Tarandeep Singh <tarandeep at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks guys for testing this out....
>
> I downloaded a fresh copy of qt-4.7.3 and compiled it with the following
> options-
>
> ./configure -release -opensource -shared -webkit -qt-zlib -graphicssystem
> raster -openssl-linked -largefile -rpath -prefix ../build
>
> I tested the domtraversal example again with this url-
> http://nzonlinemall.com/home.html
>
> and I am still facing the same problem. Once I close the window, I can see
> the memory footprint starts to go up and I have to kill the process.
>
> Any pointers what could be possible wrong? I am running Ubuntu 9.10
> Any library  (flash?) that might be old on my system that I can update to
> fix this?

It may be a bug in QtWebKit-2.0 (included in Qt-4.7). We're now
focused on the development of QtWebKit-2.2, which will probably be
included in Qt-4.8. You can checkout the qtwebkit-2.2 sources and
build it. If you can still reproduce the problem with 2.2, please open
a bug report.

Instructions on how to build qtwebkit are on the wiki:
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKit

Thanks,
  - Ademar

--