[webkit-qt] Infinite loop while rendering this url

Tarandeep Singh tarandeep at gmail.com
Tue May 24 14:45:42 PDT 2011

I think webkit is entering into infinite loop while rendering this url-
http://nzonlinemall.com/home.html

I am using qt-4.7.3 on Ubuntu (I faced the same problem with qt-4.6.2). I
used the domtraversal example to test this. Use the above url in
domtraversal example.

Compile-
cd domtraversal;
$QT/build/bin/qmake
make

Run-
./domtraversal

Once the page is loaded, close the window, you will see that window gets
closed but control does not return to shell prompt. And if you check the
memory usage- it will be constantly increasing - indicating possible
infinite loop.

When I wrote my sample program to test it - I got the same behavior. Webkit
possibly enters into inifinte loop when I try to delete the webpage or
webview object.

One more thing, this page has flash and the following messages were printed
on the screen-

** (process:11644): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (process:11644): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
** (process:11644): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (process:11644): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
** (<unknown>:11644): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (<unknown>:11644): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
** (<unknown>:11644): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (<unknown>:11644): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded

I really need to fix this problem as I am seeing this behavior in some other
urls as well. Any help to fix/debug it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tarandeep