[webkit-qt] WebKit, Qt and V8

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Wed May 18 04:54:06 PDT 2011

On 05/18/2011 12:05 PM, ext Subs Vin wrote:
> b) I see that the QtWebkit 2.2 release is coming up during June 2011, is
> V8 supported on that?

Nope, no official support yet.

> c) Is the Qt bridge working with V8 engine?

I think it is supported for the types supported by QtScript, but not for
the custom WebKit types (like QWebElement or transfering images).
(Just a guess from last time I checked the code really).

I don't know about the other questions. Andreas and Simon probably have
the answers.

Note that V8 is not officially supported and is more of an idea we are
playing with than something fully tested.

You would be surprised how little value V8 usually gives for real
applications. The performance issues are more often in WebCore than in
the JavaScript engine. I suggest you to profile your use case to make
sure the JS engine has any impact on performance.

cheers,
Benjamin