[webkit-qt] webkit DOM access

noam.rosenthal at nokia.com noam.rosenthal at nokia.com
Thu May 12 19:06:36 PDT 2011

Hi Yanke

On May 12, 2011, at 6:37 PM, ext Yanke (Yon) Hu wrote:

hi,

I am new to WebKit.
Welcome :)

One thing I am not very clear is that.  In QtWebKit, we can use

QWebFrame.documentElement().firstChild()
QWebFrame.documentElement().nextSibling()
QWebFrame.documentElement().tagName()

to access DOM.  But I just cannot find the corresponding API in WebKit...

What is an "API in WebKit"? The public API for WebKit is by design port-specific, e.g. a specific public API for QtWebKit, a specific public API for Chromium WebKit etc.
WebKit of course includes a lot of private APIs, which can also let you do things like get the document element or evaluate javascript.

No'am