[webkit-qt] CheckList with QtWebKit-2.2 branch on WinXP

Alexis Menard alexis.menard at openbossa.org
Mon May 9 06:52:20 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Ademar Reis <ademar.reis at openbossa.org> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Tests with the 2.2 branch following
> http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitCheckList
> (393a82ea2fb151c5c47a7c86a48a41617f608dc1)
>
> This is my first checklist round and my first build on Windows... see
> questions below. :-)
>
> * QtWebKit-2.2 branch (393a82e)
> * Windows XP + updates (inside a VM)
> * Qt-SDK-1.1
>
> * Go to gmail.com (https version), log in, browse some mails, start a chat
> - OK, but "keep me logged-in" doesn't work (should it?)
>
> * Go to facebook.com, log in, browse some friends and pictures, start a chat
> - OK, idem to gmail (are cookies supported at all?)
>
> * Go to youtube.com, launch some videos in flash (check the sound too)
> - OK
>
> * Go to youtube.com/html5, join the html5 trial and browse a video
> rendered in html5 (check the sound)
> - "Your browser doesn't support any of the formats currently
> available" I'm not a windows user... should I install some sort of
> codec for this to work?

Enable the trial regardless what it says. And yes you probably need
some codecs, Windows comes with nothing.

> * Uploading an image to imgur.com works as expected
> - OK
>
>  * Go to  http://www.html5rocks.com/ and play with the site
> (interactive presentation)
> - Stuck in "Loading..." (linux build works fine)

Report the bug.

> * Go to  http://mugtug.com/sketchpad/ and play with it. Does it work
> as expected?
> - OK
>
> * Go to  http://tiny.cc/wkmedia and play with the videos, try
> different formats and check the sound, try seeking, try changing the
> volume as well as switching fullscreen
> - Couldn't play any media, tons of MEDIA_ERR_NETWORK debug errors on
> the tables in the bottom of the page.

Most probably codecs missing and also are you sure the Qt multimedia
plugins are properly loaded.

> - Curiosity: on my linux build, I get this error: "Your browser does
> not support HTML5 media tags :("

You haven't build with Qt Multimedia. Check that your build options contains :

-DENABLE_VIDEO=1 -DWTF_USE_QT_MULTIMEDIA=1 -DWTF_USE_QT_MULTIMEDIA=1

> Cheers,
>  - Ademar
>
> --
> Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. <ademar.reis at openbossa.org>
> OpenBossa - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia

Alexis Menard
Software Engineer
INdT Recife Brazil