[webkit-qt] [announce] QtWebKit 2.2 tp1

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Mon May 2 17:58:15 PDT 2011

There is already a compiling problem if you use the latest gcc 4.6.
Currently webkit/qtwebkit trunk fails to compile on my ArchLinux box
with the following compiler:

gcc (GCC) 4.6.0 20110415 (prerelease)

The error message I get is as follows:

In file included from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/PassRefPtr.h:25:0,
                 from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/CrossThreadRefCounted.h:35,
                 from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/text/StringImpl.h:28,
                 from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/UString.h:26,
                 from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/yarr/YarrPattern.h:30,
                 from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/yarr/YarrInterpreter.h:29,
                 from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/yarr/YarrInterpreter.cpp:28:
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/NullPtr.h:48:1:
error: identifier ‘nullptr’ will become a keyword in C++0x
[-Werror=c++0x-compat]
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors

make[1]: *** [obj/release/YarrInterpreter.o] Error 1
In file included from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/PassRefPtr.h:25:0,
                 from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/CrossThreadRefCounted.h:35,
                 from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/text/StringImpl.h:28,
                 from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/UString.h:26,
                 from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/yarr/YarrPattern.h:30,
                 from
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/yarr/YarrPattern.cpp:28:
/usr/local/src/Misc/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/wtf/NullPtr.h:48:1:
error: identifier ‘nullptr’ will become a keyword in C++0x
[-Werror=c++0x-compat]
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors

make[1]: *** [obj/release/YarrPattern.o] Error 1
make: *** [sub-JavaScriptCore-JavaScriptCore-pro-make_default-ordered] Error 2

I am sure the qtwebkit 2.2 tp branch will have the same fate since it
was branched from current trunk. Anyhow, I guess another defined is
needed for gcc >= 4.6.