[webkit-qt] Query Regarding .XHT Format file Parsing Support from QtWebkit

Jocelyn Turcotte jocelyn.turcotte at nokia.com
Wed Mar 23 03:06:02 PDT 2011

Hello,

if you open the file from your web server, please make sure that the
Content-type header value returned is "application/xhtml+xml". You can
verify through the network tab of the inspector in Chrome.
Your web server probably uses the file extension to determine the
Content-type, you might have to tweak you configuration.

If you open the file from disk, QtWebKit has a rather limited way of
associating the file extension to the correct MIME type.
If you look at the file
Source/WebCore/platform/qt/MIMETypeRegistryQt.cpp, you will see that
xhtml is there but not xht.

In that case the only thing you can do is rename the file, modify the
source, or you can try to use QWebFrame::setContent() to load the file
manually and pass the "application/xhtml+xml" mime type.
Note that this limitation only applies when loading the file from a
file:/// URL, if you load it from an HTTP server it should give WebKit
the appropriate MIME type.

Jocelyn