[webkit-qt] QWebView

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Thu Mar 17 05:15:59 PDT 2011

On 03/16/2011 11:00 PM, ext Michael wrote:
> I am using Qt Webkit on the desktop for  a Windows hybrid app. Would
> you recommend QWebView or QGraphicsWebview for Hosting the html page
> ? I am only using the WebView for bridging to my c++ classes, the
> rest is done with JavaScript/jquery inside the loaded html-doc.

It really depends on the use case.

The advantage you get with QGraphicsWebview is a few more optimization
in the rendering stack.

With 4.7, the main advantage is accelerated compositing (in case you do
transition, animation, or 3D transform).

With future version, you can expect more rendering advantage with
GraphicsWebView, like WebGL.

On the other side, the performance of plugins tends to suck on
QGraphicsWebView. If you rely on flash for video or interactive
interface, QWebView is likely a better option.

cheers,
Benjamin