[webkit-qt] QtWebKit-2.2-beta1

Ademar Reis ademar.reis at openbossa.org
Tue Jun 28 05:53:41 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 3:56 AM, Osztrogonac Csaba <oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Ossy.

> I think this announcement wasn't so lucky. :(
>
> Let's see the release criterias:
> http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitRelease22
> "Betas: We have buildbots running on all Tier 1 platforms and they're
> green;"
>
> I think green isn't enough for relase, because failing API tests don't make
> the bot red.
> As far as I remember somebody said that all API tests must pass on all Tier
> 1 platforms.
> But unfortunately I see many failing API tests:

We had plenty of discussions on the QCS and Nokia regarding the API
tests (sorry for not discussing it here on the list) and the fact that
we have several failures. These are not trivial to fix, some have
always failed and some, in order to be fixed, will introduce a change
in the API behavior... :-( It's a bit sad, but API tests failing are
not blocking the release anymore (it's a nice-to-have, not a blocker
bug).

> - Build on Symbian is still broken
> http://build.webkit.sed.hu/builders/QtWebKit2.2-branch%20Symbian%20ARMv5%20Release/builds/30

This bot is a work-in-progress. We don't have a stable build-bot on
Symbian yet. :-( But we do have manual builds and some tests running
on Symbian.

So yes, we're making a compromise with this beta release. We know it's
not perfect, but we consider it (far) better than QtWebKit-2.0
(included in Qt-4.7), quite stable and secure. If we wait for
everything to be perfect, we'll risk having yet again a 1 year
stabilization period.

BR,
   - Ademar

--