[webkit-qt] QtWebKit-2.2-beta1

Ademar Reis ademar.reis at openbossa.org
Mon Jun 27 14:28:24 PDT 2011

Hi there.

We're proud to announce the first beta release of QtWebKit-2.2.

QtWebKit-2.2 was branched off trunk on May, 05th and is under
stabilization since then. In total, 261 commits (207 bugs or tasks)
have been added to the branch so far, most of them fixing regressions,
crashes and security issues.

The WebKit project moves really fast and it's hard to highlight one
specific feature of QtWebKit-2.2. In comparison to QtWebKit-2.0 (the
version included in Qt-4.7, more than one year old), there are tons of
improvements, including plenty of support for new standards and many
bugfixes. We're working on high level list in our wiki (fairly work in
progress, contributions are welcome):
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitFeatures22

QtWebKit-2.2 will be part of Qt-4.8 - the integration into the Qt
repository and build-system is almost done.

Most important known issues:
  - Audio and video performance is not yet ideal. We're working on
improving the backends support;
  - Symbian: doesn't build with RVCT-2.2 or winscw compilers (needed
in some specific environments);

Details, including a list of what's been added to the branch, links to
build-bots and meta-bugs, are available in our wiki:
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitRelease22

Any kind of test and feedback is very welcome. You can contact the
development team via mailing list (see the wiki) or via the #qtwebkit
IRC channel on freenode.

Thanks and happy testing!
  - Ademar

--