[webkit-qt] Windowless Flash content and QtWebKit 2.2...

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Mon Jun 27 14:19:14 PDT 2011

Hi,

While testing the latest version of qtwebkit 2.2 branch on Linux, I
run into an issue where windowless flash content does not seem to work
properly on 64-bit linux systems that use nspluginwrapper to view
flash. Any site that shows flash in windowless mode does not either
work properly or not at all. However, everything works fine when using
webkit master. No idea what might be missing from qtwebkit 2.2 to
cause this problem.

The main test site I used,
http://www.communitymx.com/content/source/E5141/wmodetrans.htm, for
this comes from this article
http://blog.forwardbias.in/2009/12/flash-in-qgraphicsview.html. Most
new sites that have flash on them see to use windowless flash these
days ; so they can be used to test this issue as well, e.g.
http://cnn.com/video

Please note that I only tested this against the latest flash plugin
(10.3.181.26) from Adobe through the nspluginwrapper. I did not test
with the non-official 64-bit version of the flash plugin.

Regards,
Dawit A.