[webkit-qt] QtWebKit, the multimedia support today and tomorrow.

Ademar Reis ademar.reis at openbossa.org
Mon Jun 27 06:43:56 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 6:21 PM, İsmail Dönmez <ismail at namtrac.org> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:08 PM, Alexis Menard
> <alexis.menard at openbossa.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Linux :
>>
>> GSTREAMER :
>> 109 test cases (74%) succeeded
>> 19 test cases (13%) had incorrect layout
>> 16 test cases (10%) were new
>> 2 test cases (1%) timed out
>> 9 test cases (6%) had stderr output
>
> Even just this result justifies the switch to gstreamer, is there any chance
> we can enable it for QtWebKit 2.2 too ?

Yes, the plan is to cherry-pick the changes to QtWebKit-2.2
(multimedia is basically broken on the desktop right now, it can't get
much worse and this feature is worth the risk).

But our beta will be out today, we'll have to rush this feature a bit
to have it available for the 2.2.0 release.

Cheers,
  - Ademar

--
Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. <ademar.reis at openbossa.org>