[webkit-qt] setTimeout()

Zoltan Herczeg zherczeg at inf.u-szeged.hu
Thu Jun 9 09:40:50 PDT 2011

Hi,

We have experienced some flakyness in the inspector tests, because if we
execute "setTimeout(A, 0); setTimeout(B, 0)", sometimes function B runs
earlier than A. I thought this is an acceptable behaviour, but now I found
something:

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/timers.html#dom-windowtimers-settimeout

I saw there:

8. Wait until any invocations of this algorithm started before this one
whose timeout is equal to or less than this one's have completed.

Could someone else confirm that this is the "Web Standard", and we need to
fix this random behaviour of the Qt port (ensuring that A must run earlier
than B)? Does someone know how to fix it?

Regards,
Zoltan