[webkit-qt] Almost all webkit LayoutTests failing on Qt for Embedded Linux

Alexis Menard alexis.menard at openbossa.org
Tue Jul 26 06:06:18 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:

> 26.07.2011, 16:28, "Alexis Menard" <alexis.menard at openbossa.org>:
>> As far as I understood the way Qt For Embedded Linux stands today is
>> dead/replace/deprecated with Lighthouse no?
>
> Do you expect all embedded developers to switch to Lighthouse overnight
> once Qt 4.8 is released?

No but there was no effort on the past done on Qt For Embedded Linux
in QtWebKit, I don't see why we should make them now when we know
there is a replacement and especially considering the low number of
QtWebKit developer. It's like to me making QtWebKit work on Windows
2000 just because people haven't switched (and nobody worked on
Windows 2000 support) and not focus on Windows 7 which is the standard
to be. So yes if you are interested, fix it, I'll be happy to help you
to get patches in but don't ask us to focus on something we haven't
focus before and that we know there is a better solution now.

--
Alexis Menard (darktears)
Software Engineer