[webkit-qt] Almost all webkit LayoutTests failing on Qt for Embedded Linux

Ademar Reis ademar.reis at openbossa.org
Thu Jul 21 07:41:03 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:05 AM, sunny shah <sunny.cpp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alexis,
> So, this means that, when you tried, It was working for you. Can you please
> tell me which webkit trunk version did you checkout? did you run with Qt
> 4.7.3?
> Your reply can be very helpful for me.

Hi Sunny.

Try using the 2.2 branch instead of trunk:
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitRelease22

But we don't have a buildbot running layout tests on embedded linux,
and the tests depend a lot of the environment where they run, so you
should not expect all tests to pass. I don't know how many will fail
though, so your feedback will be very welcome in this area. :-)

Cheers,
  - Ademar

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Alexis Menard <alexis.menard at openbossa.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 9:12 AM, sunny shah <sunny.cpp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >  I just found that almost all layout tests fail on Qt for Embedded
>> > Linux,
>> >  I am using Qt 4.7.3, and I have checked out QtWebkit from webkit trunk,
>> > (svn trunk version is 90412),
>> >  With same webkit version and Qt version all the layout tests are
>> > passing on
>> > Qt for X11, but almost all failing on Qt for embedded linux.
>> >  Can you tell me, what can be the reason?
>>
>> Most probably because Qt for embedded linux runs in the framebuffer
>> therefore you probably invoke them incorrectly. I can't really help
>> you but when I did the import of QtWebKit 2.2 Qt For Embedded Linux
>> was a showstopper for integration and it went in which means that the
>> tests were not regressing.
>>
>> > Thanks,
>> >  Sunny.
>> >

>> --