[webkit-qt] Heads up: Qt 5 + declarative are coming as dependencies to build WebKit 2

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Thu Jul 14 10:15:16 PDT 2011

On 07/14/2011 06:58 PM, Gombos Laszlo.1 (Nokia-MP/Boston) wrote:
> Is there a plan to roll this out on the buildbot(s) ?
>
> I'm not quite sure how to solve the issue but perhaps one/the main bot should not (yet) switch to Qt 5.0 (which would imply turning of WebKit2 on that bot). It sounds like we need a new bot for Qt5/QML2/WebKit2.

Good point :)

My idea is to just not build WebKit 2 on the core bots for a while and
switch them to Qt 5 once it is a bit more stable (timeframe ~2-3 month?)

Qt 5 is still a regression paradise, I am affraid having the core
builder on top of Qt 5 is risky.

On the other side, the WebKit 2 bot running the tests would switch to Qt
5 when the patch land.

Suggestions are welcome on how to keep WebKit in good shape during the
transition :)

cheers,
Benjamin