[webkit-qt] Feedback needed: new design for WebKit 2

noam.rosenthal at nokia.com noam.rosenthal at nokia.com
Sat Jul 2 20:48:46 PDT 2011

On Jul 2, 2011, at 5:29 AM, ext Pierre wrote:

>> Some of problems we have are:
>> -the split QWKPage <-> QGraphicsWKView comes from the design of our
>> WebKit 1 APIs, and is just adding complexity (we do not want to support
>> multiple views, and we do not want to support a page without a view).
> Does this mean applications using QWebKit with no widgets nor views, just
> extracting informations from a web page, will no longer be possible ?
They will still be possible, with WebKit1. Since WebKit2 is about cross-process architecutre that improves interactivity, it's unrelated to a headless system that's by definition not interactive.
In other words, if I understand the proposal correctly, you'd still be able to use QWebPage, just without the WebKit2 cross-process architecture.