[webkit-qt] enabling WebGL

Andrew Wason rectalogic at rectalogic.com
Sun Jan 30 07:45:46 PST 2011

Which repository/branch should I be using to experiment with WebGL in QtWebKit?

I tried http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit but the build fails to compile
with a number of errors. I fixed some of them but then realized the gitorious
repositories might be better supported.

So I tried the qtwebkit-2.2 branch at
  git://gitorious.org/+qtwebkit-developers/webkit/qtwebkit.git
and it also fails to compile.

I was able to fix all the errors in qtwebkit-2.2 and get a working WebGL
enabled build - changes here:
http://gitorious.org/~rectalogic/webkit/qtwebkit-
webgl/commit/f5fdf00caa1ccd1fa67f1d6d9e72e0874fd2f4de

This builds for me using:
QTDIR=/usr/share/qt4 ./build-webkit --qt --makeargs="-j5" --debug --3d-canvas

So is WebGL support in QtWebKi in somewhat of an unmaintained state, or is
there another  repository/branch I should be using that is being more actively
maintained?

Thanks,
Andrew