[webkit-qt] QtWebKit-2.2 will actually be an update for 2.1 (2.1.x)

Ademar Reis ademar.reis at openbossa.org
Mon Jan 24 10:48:54 PST 2011

Hi everybody.

You may remember the discussion about QtWebKit-2.2 being based on 2.1
(instead of trunk) and the fragmentation introduced by two new major
versions both supported only on mobile platforms.

Well, good news: QtWebKit-2.2 will actually be a minor release update
following 2.1 (probably 2.1.1). In other words, what is known today as
the 2.2. branch will actually be merged into the 2.1 branch and
eventually be released as a minor 2.1.x update (backwards/forward
compatible with 2.1.0).

The real 2.2 release will be based on trunk at some point in the future.

The scop of 2.1.x is the same as before: html audio/video plus a few bugfixes.

During this week I'll rename the branch and change the wiki to reflect
this. Since we can't rewrite history and some references to
"qtwebkit-2.2" are out there, some confusion is expected. Please be
patient and help us spread the news.

Thank you all.
  - Ademar

--
Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. <ademar.reis at openbossa.org>
OpenBossa - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia