[webkit-qt] about scrolling performance

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Fri Jan 21 01:56:24 PST 2011

On 01/21/2011 08:21 AM, ext ssuk hyun kim wrote:
> I gathered the benchmarks using tools in
> http://gitorious.org/qtwebkit/performance on my board which MeeGo
> Handset 1.1.18.14 with Qt 4.7.1 is installed.
> Please find the attached spreadsheet.
> When comparing them with the benchmarks of N900 (I tested),
> tst_graphicsscrolling and tst_scrolling is slower than N900.
> Can any one please point me what I should look for to improve scrolling
> performance?
> Any hint will be appreciated.

The most common answer is "have you tried with the raster graphics
system"? :)
If I remember correctly, the N900 uses it by default, and with Qt 4.7.1,
if you are using an ARM Cortex, you will benefit of the same optimizations.

If that is not the issue, I suggest you to run the test tst_scrolling in
a profiler and share the results here. Without a profile, it would be
hard for us to guess what is slow :)

cheers,
Benjamin