[webkit-qt] Frame render doesn't support content rendering not clipped to viewport.

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Tue Jan 18 13:28:40 PST 2011

On 01/18/2011 09:15 PM, ext viatcheslav.ostapenko at nokia.com wrote:
> The problem, that QWebFrame::render method always clips to viewport even
> if user app have specified its own clipping region.

In short, my opinion on the problem is:
-conceptually, the frame is the viewport on the document -> natural
clipping to that viewport.
-scrollbar and fixed element are adjusted to the frame, rendering
outside the natural clipping will make them useless/out of place.
-now that I think of it, QWebFrame::render() without clipping cannot be
made to work with accelerated compositing, while QWebElement::render()
could (altough I don't know if it does currently...).

That is why I think such use cases - rendering the full content - should
be addressed by QWebElement::render() && frame with resize to content.

Any opinion?

cheers,
Benjamin