[webkit-qt] Phonon and webkit-qt

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Mon Jan 17 13:07:33 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:19 PM, Trever Fischer
<tdfischer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2011 10:27:40 am Benjamin Poulain wrote:
>> On 01/09/2011 10:19 PM, ext Trever Fischer wrote:
>> > Us over in phonon land are wondering about webkit-qt's relationship with
>> > Phonon.
>> >
>> > * Whats the current status of Phonon's integration with webkit-qt?
>> > * How can phonon be improved to fit your use cases?
>> >
>> > We're in #phonon on freenode and i'm idling in #webkit if a more
>> > interactive medium is desired.
>>
>> I personnaly would not mind both in the tree, Phonon and QtMultimedia,
>> as long as the phonon backup is maintained actively by the Phonon guys.
>>
>> I understand there is a need from KDE, and I think some guys behind
>> Phonon are not affraid to contribute to WebKit. Trever, do you agree
>> with this statement?
> I can't speak for all Phonon developers, but I don't think anyone would have a
> problem fixing webkit's integration with phonon. Not at all.

I am not a Phonon developer, but I have started fixing some of the
most glaring issues that prevent proper usage of Phonon for HTML5
video in QtWebKit. Specifically, I am interested in addressing the
Media Loading issue mentioned in the QtWebKitMulitmediaElementSupport
documentation page [1].