[webkit-qt] webkit performance issue

Mandaya Prakash mandaya.prakash at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 12:59:03 PST 2011

Hi All,

I am facing some terrible performance problem with Qt webkit based
application on our board. Indeed I build Qt Demo Browser application for my
board and it has
terrible terrible slow performance. It is highly un responsive, when scroll
using mouse it scrolls very little after almost two min, when I click on any
link
it opens that link after a minute, When I go to some site like cnn.com and
do little browsing it crashes. I am running with directfb support.

I have tested other web kit based small browser sort of application and that
works good.

To me it looks like some issue with Qt porting of webkit or in Demo browser
but I have no clue what is causing this problem.

Can any one please point me what should I look for to solve this problem?
any hint will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

*Prakash Mandaya.*