[webkit-qt] A checklist to run every week on trunk.

Alexis Menard alexis.menard at openbossa.org
Fri Feb 25 04:22:04 PST 2011

Hello QtWebKit people,

As part of making sure trunk is good enough at any time (I'm dreaming) I was
thinking that we could run a small 15 minutes checklist every week on trunk.
The purpose if not to do an intensive testing (aka black team testing or
layout tests or auto-test) but just a check up. It should not be long
otherwise nobody will do it and I think we should nominate a different person
every week randomly (I was thinking of staying with the ninja team of QtWebKit
2.2 but any volunteer is welcome). Any problem we catch is worth running this
small check up.

The concept is simple you take trunk, you write down the revision, you build
it and you run QtTestBrowser.

Here is what you should do with QtTestBrowser :

- Go to gmail.com (https version), log in, browse some mails, start a chat
- Go to facebook.com, log in, browse some friends and pictures, start a chat
- Go to youtube.com, launch some videos in flash (check the sound too)
- Go to youtube.com/html5, join the html5 trial and browse a video rendered in
html5 (check the sound)
- Uploading an image to imgur.com works as expected
- Go to http://www.html5rocks.com/ and play with the site (interactive
presentation)
- Go to http://mugtug.com/sketchpad/ and play with it. Does it work as
expected?

Test it with QWebView and QGraphicsWebView (Develop menu in QtTestBrowser).

Anything suspicious should be reported to the usual place :
http://bugs.webkit.org and the ninja team of 2.2 will be happy to look at
that. You could send a small report on this same mailing list with the
configuration, the revision so we are all aware the checkup has been done.

Any feedback? Something you want to add?