[webkit-qt] wchar_t not treated as built-in type on Windows?

Jocelyn Turcotte jocelyn.turcotte at nokia.com
Fri Feb 18 02:39:04 PST 2011

Hello,

On 2/18/2011 2:09 AM, ext Baldeva, Arpit wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed in the visual studio settings of the QtWebKit project that
> “Treat wchar_t as Built-in Type” is set to false. Is this a
> requirement? Would it be safe to change it (locally)?

It might be set to false voluntarily, but it's also possible that qmake
isn't generating the .vcproj files with the right default value.

> I did some search and it seemed like people recommended rebuilding
> whole Qt framework with wchar_t supported as built-in type in order
> for it to work. Just for the kicks, I changed the QtWebKit project to
> recognize wchar_t as built-in type and rebuilt it (Did not build whole
> Qt framework) and it built and ran fine. But I am not sure if I have
> overlooked something here.

QtWebKit only uses public API from the rest of Qt and wchar_t isn't
exposed in any Qt API class as far as I know, so it shouldn't be a
problem for binary compatibility and it's very possible that it's not
necessary to rebuild Qt.

Jocelyn