[webkit-qt] Patchs present in Qt but not in QtWebKit

Ademar Reis ademar.reis at openbossa.org
Thu Feb 10 10:40:26 PST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Koskinen Janne
<Janne.P.Koskinen at digia.com> wrote:
>>> Just to make it clear: there should be no patches added on
>>> qt-4.7/src/3rdparty/webkit/. We should have commits on our qtwebkit
>>> repositories and only imports/syncs on the qt repositories (commits
>>> like "Update QtWebKit to<SHA1>"). Unfortunately there's no mechanism
>>> in place to prevent that, AFAIK.
>>>
>>It always has been a problem since people don't know how or don't want
>>to deal with WebKit trunk's committing policy.
>>
>>Once Qt's modularization sees the day, QtWebKit will stay out of
>>src/3rdparty, and this problem will merely be a sad thought of
>>the past. :)
>
> Yep, if you look at the committers in that list you'll see most of them (if not all) don't deal with webkit on daily basis.
> For this particular patch it definitely should be in for 2.1. but not for 2.0.

What we have in qt47/src/3rdparty is QtWebKit-2.0. So if a patch is
there, it should be added to our 2.0 branch as well.

I'm working on it. In the end, we should have:

- all changes from qt will be upstreamed to trunk;
- qtwebkit-2.0 branch will be in sync with what we have in qt
- qtwebkit-2.1 branch will have the changes from qt as well (to avoid
any regression)
- qtwebkit-2.1.x is constantly merged with 2.1

--
Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. <ademar.reis at openbossa.org>
OpenBossa - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia