[webkit-qt] Build errors

Joe Yu Joe.Yu at arm.com
Tue Dec 13 03:54:44 PST 2011

Hi Simon,

I actually tried the trunk, but got new build problem, for example:

../../../../Source/WebCore/bindings/v8/custom/V8InjectedScriptHostCustom.cpp:166:34: error: ‘class v8::Function’ has no member named ‘GetScriptColumnNumber’
../../../../Source/WebCore/bindings/v8/custom/V8InjectedScriptHostCustom.cpp:170:56: error: ‘class v8::Function’ has no member named ‘GetScriptId’

These two symbols for Function methods are not defined in the my qt5/qtbase/src/3rdparty/v8/include/v8.h. I think it is asking for a quite newer version of V8 at google's trunk, but there is no way to easily upgrade the qt5/qtbase conceived V8 to the new version, as a number of modifications are needed to fit into their QML.

Another interesting thing is the revision r102596 I was building is proved to pass building by WebKit's buildbot:

http://build.webkit.org/builders/Qt%20Linux%20Release/builds/40903

What environment did they base on? and what configuration were they using (whether they enabled --V8)?

Thanks,
Joe