[webkit-qt] Road towards initial WebKit2 API for Qt 5.0

Jesus Sanchez-Palencia jesus at webkit.org
Tue Dec 6 12:18:50 PST 2011

Hi,

I like the way the API looks already and it seems to me that for reaching
this "minimal set" we don't need much more. Perhaps we need the history API
to land and fix the bugs Simon and Laszlo have opened.

I also agree that having web context (and therefore download, etc) either
as an experimental QML API or either as a private C++ one is something that
we still need to figure out.

Simon, I know it was meant to be just a mock-up, but there is also the
preferences item we can get through the webview and set its properties,
right?

Now, about:

   property bool canStop;

I do support the "loading" API instead of canStop.

>    property Item page;

I'm not fully aware of the use-cases of this. I couldn't find any qml tests
using it and we don't use it on snowshoe as well. So then I agree with
Jocelyn and I'm up with moving this to experimental and keep it aligned
with Simon's "criteria" of what stays or not in experimental.

>    function loadHtml(html, baseUrl) {}

I support keeping this API as it is. I think it's crystal clear like that.

And I like the way QtWebKit has been moving since the past few weeks. :)

Cheers,
jesus

- INdT dude