[webkit-qt] ajax returns json with "

Pierre Rossi pierre.rossi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 05:45:28 PDT 2011

Hi Sylvain,

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 23:13, Sylvain Pointeau
<sylvain.pointeau at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> my program, using custom network reply, is not working with Qt 4.8 beta on
> mac os x lion (it worked on 4.7.1 on Snow Leopard).
> I use JQuery and the ajax call. I get an error and when I display the
> responseText, I see my json with the double quote like """
>
> I think something happens in the QtWebkit side, could you confirm?
>
> Best regards,
> Sylvain

One thing that comes to mind: can you make sure that you're adding what the
parent implementation returns if you reimplement bytesAvailable(). See:

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qiodevice.html#bytesAvailable

It used to work without it (more per chance than anything) with QtWebKit
versions prior to 2.2 but doesn't anymore.

Other than that I can't think of anything else but to follow Benjamin's
advice and come up with a test case.

Cheers,
--
Pierre