[webkit-qt] how could i put the platform relative media player code under qtmutimedia

Alexis Menard alexis.menard at openbossa.org
Fri Aug 5 06:47:56 PDT 2011

There was no video support in Qt For Embedded Linux as the only
backend QtWebKit ever ever supported in the past through Phonon or Qt
Multimedia were GStreamer based one. I don't see how it could work
before but I miss perhaps something or unknown backends to
Phonon/GStreamer. To me there no feature loss here.

2011/8/5 Brad Bitterman <bitter at vtilt.com>:
> I this true for QT embedded also? WIll streamer be require for video on QTe
> for Linux?
> Thanks
> Brad Bitterman
> VTilt Digital
> bitter at vtilt.com
>

> On Aug 5, 2011, at 3:30 AM, sunny shah wrote:
>
> Hi 张丽芳,
> QtWebkit is now only supporting GStreamer as a backend on linux, so you can
> do this
> Webkit media Player -> GStreamer -> your platform relative media player
> You can do this by creating a GStreamer Plugin for your platform media
> player.
> Thanks,
>  Sunny.
>
> 2011/8/5 张丽芳 <zhanglf_ciomp at 163.com>
>>
>> Hi,
>> I am a newer to qt. And want to porting a media player to qtwebkit on
>> embeded platform.
>> I know that I can do something like this,
>> webkit media player->my platform relative meida player
>> webkit media player->qtmulitmedia->my platform relative meida player .
>> I would like to choose the second one.
>> where should i put my platform relative media player code under the
>> qtmultimedia?
>> QMediaPlayer or any others?
>> Thanks a lot!
>> BG/s