[webkit-qt] Reproducing buildbot layout test results

Antonio Gomes tonikitoo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 05:58:48 PDT 2010

Hey Kling.

Many had tried the same as far as I can tell, including myself,
however I also I failed to get that working equally to the bot. From
what I remember, the bots run Debian Lenne and some font library
versions (fontconfig) mismatch to the ones newer Ubuntu's ship. Back
on time, it was pointed out as the main reason for the pixel
differences in the results.

Szege guys could answer with more details, I think.

ps: It sounds like a good time to migrate to Ubuntu: Qt4.7,
QtWebKit2.0, and all fresh "new". It deserves a new life to the bots
:)

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Andreas Kling <andreas.kling at nokia.com> wrote:
> Hey QtWebKittens!
>
> I'm trying to convince my machine to produce the same layout test results as
> the bot(s) in Szeged, in order to do some large-scale rebaselining without
> using the bots as a middle man.
>
> So far I've got:
>
> * 32-bit Ubuntu machine (VMWare)
> * Qt 4.6.2
> * WebKit trunk
>
> Switching to 32-bit helped some, but rendering metrics still differ all over
> the place, so I'm not quite there yet.
>
> Could someone tell me a bit more about the environment the bots are running?
> (Or if you immediately know what I'm missing, just tell me that ;-))
>
> Random theories for your consideration/amusement:
> * I need some specific fonts (other than the $WEBKIT_TESTFONTS.)
> * I need some specific font settings.
> * I need some specific Qt style.
>
> -Kling

--Antonio Gomes