[webkit-qt] How to save data from webkit requests

Richard Baron Penman richardbp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 05:00:31 PDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Benjamin Poulain <benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
> wrote:

> On 10/05/2010 02:24 AM, ext Richard Baron Penman wrote:
>
>> I had a look over the example and a few others but didn't manage to get
>> something working:
>> [...]
>>

> What is not working?

this is what I currently have: http://pastebin.com/Ugt0EC40

I find that the html at the URL is downloaded correctly and then the
finished() signal is emitted, but the content of QWebView remains empty.
How does QWebView get the content from QNetworkReply? Neither peek(),
read(), readLine(), readData(), or readAll() is ever called in this class,
but it will render properly when I use a standard QNetworkReply.

There is not much we can do if you don't explain why the existing solutions
> do not work for you.

I am using the Python bindings, so does that open up any additional
possibilities?
Or is there some way to just tell QIODevice to maintain the buffer?

thanks,
Richard