[webkit-qt] Reason why webkit does not display graphics from some external Qt plugins

Harri Pasanen grego at mpaja.com
Sat Nov 6 07:30:44 PDT 2010

After some debugging of webkit internals, I found out that if the external Qt
plugin does not support Size option, the following code in ImageDecoderQt.cpp
fails it:

void ImageDecoderQt::internalDecodeSize()
{
    ASSERT(m_reader);

    // If we have a QSize() something failed
    QSize size = m_reader->size();
    if (size.isEmpty()) {
        setFailed();
        return clearPointers();
    }

    setSize(size.width(), size.height());
}

Note that image plugins are not required to provide support for Size option,
so this seems a bit harsh - but perhaps this is important for performance?

--
Grego
http://mpaja.com/