[webkit-qt] QWebView and Qt Image plugins

Harri Pasanen grego at mpaja.com
Tue Nov 2 16:03:05 PDT 2010

On Friday, May 14, 2010 10:55:53 pm Benjamin Poulain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ext Grego wrote:
> > I was comparing QWebView and QTextBrowser behaviour, and I noticed that
> > the former does not seem to use image plugins.
> >
> > I'm on Kubuntu, which includes a jp2 plugin out of the box.
> > A simple html page having a jp2 image and a png image shows up fine in
> > QTextBrowser.
> > The same page shows only the png image in QWebView.
> >
> > Any ideas how to get jp2 images to show up in QWebView as well?
>
> It uses image plugins, we recently had a bug because of that.
> You should debug ImageDecoderQt of WebKit to know what is going on.
> Maybe the type is not recognized as an image at all by WebKit, does your
> web server return a mimetype "image/jp2"?

How time flies....  I was doing other stuff for a while, relatively happy with
QTextBrowser.  Now I noticed that I'm eventually going to need webkit
functionality, and this bit me again.

I took a look at ImageDecoderQt and that seems fairly straight forward, I
don't see any reason to suspect it would not support any image format Qt has
plugins installed for provided the data gets that far.

Btw, my data does not come from a web server, but from a file. It just a .html
and a .jp2 and .png file.

If you suspect the html itself, the full html and images are at
http://mpaja.com/download/foo.tgz

Just the html is at http://pastebin.com/9kC1rt1U

Any other tips?

Thanks,