[webkit-qt] Implementing my cache- control flow

Tarandeep Singh tarandeep at gmail.com
Fri May 21 14:18:28 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Benjamin Meyer <ben at meyerhome.net> wrote:

> Do you plan on putting your db cache implementation up online?  I would be
> interested in checking it out (I wrote the simple disk one in Qt).  Have you
> written benchmarks yet?

In my case, speed is not that important. But having a centralized place for
cache is more imp. We are running webkit on multiple computers and having a
central place to cache the cookies, jss, css is useful as different webkit
instances running on different computers can share this cache.

Further, instead of using db, I am putting these things in memcache ( we
already have couple of memcache servers running so it made more sense to put
them there).

Regarding putting the implementation online, right now I don't have the
bandwidth to contribute the code back to open source and maintain it, but I
will be happy to help anyone with code snippets etc.

-Tarandeep